Action Alert: No East-West Corridor
Protest “Gateway to Opportunity” Luncheon
this Thursday, March 29th at 11:45am,
(Canadian time, so 10:45 Maine time)
LD 1671, An Act To Provide Funding to the Department of Transportation for a Feasibility Study for an East-West Highway, was approved by the House and Senate last week. Now it’s time to up the ante.
Cianbro President Peter Vigue and Maine DOT Commissioner David Bernhardt are being hosted by the Town of St. Stephen to share “his vision of transportation for Maine” at a noon luncheon. We’ll crash the party by sharing our vision of Maine without a supercorridor. Please forward widely!
Where: 405 Milltown Boulevard, St. Stephen, New Brunswick Canada at the St. Patrick’s Church Hall (link to map below)
- Bring your passport to cross the border
- We will protest outside. Bring banners, signs, etc.
- We need a video camera and MPBN will use our footage in their upcoming story. Let me know if you can film or lend us your camera!
- A couple of us will attend the lunch itself. The lunch costs $20 and requires registration. I will register myself but want one more person. We can cover your cost. Let me know ASAP.
- If we get media coverage, we’ll need a media point person. I’ll prep a media packet. Let me know if you can do this.
- Carpools. Let’s make that happen. I have room in my car.
Announcement in Calais Advertiser:
Link to location map:
Meeting: Our next strategy meeting is this Wednesday as 6pm at the Newport Entertainment Center in Newport. Join us!
Contact: Chris Buchanan, 207-257-1443 or chris(at)defendingwater(dot)net
More info: www.defendingwater.net/maine/east-west-highway/